Doing business with Columbia University is a two-part process.
- All individuals and/or companies are subject to an approval process in order to become an approved vendor of the university.
- Approved vendors must submit invoices in accordance with our policies and guidelines below in order to receive payment.
Becoming an Approved Vendor:
Submit an invoice and a W9 or W8BEN tax form to Pamela Guardia (firstname.lastname@example.org). U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents must submit a W9 form. All others must submit a W8BEN form.
Submitting Invoices for Payments for a Good or Service:
Vendors that have been approved by Columbia University Finance can submit their invoice directly to Pamela Guardia for processing.
Invoices must include all of the following:
- ‘Remit To’ Name, address, phone number, and email address
- ‘Bill To:’ All invoices must be billed to: The University Seminars, 64 Morningside Drive, 2nd Floor, MC 2302, New York, NY 10027 (212-854-2389, email@example.com)
- Invoice Number
- Description of the good or service performed. If the work was done for a publication, the name of the publication, and the author/editor name, must be included.
First time payees will receive an email with a link to a secure webpage containing a questionnaire, which can be accessed via the provided temporary login. The login will expire after 1 week. The email will also contain instructions on how to submit the W9 or a W8BEN form directly to Columbia University Finance. Vendors will receive updates periodically from finance if there is additional information needed, or if additional documents should be uploaded.
W-9 (U.S. Citizens U.S. and Permanent Residents)
W8BEN (Foreign Nationals)